Pros and cons of online education
The option of online education is something to consider. It has many benefits because it was designed specifically for those who want to achieve a higher education, but cannot go to a traditional college setting for whatever personal reasons. It is the perfect solution for some, while it is not right for others. Here are some pros and cons of online education.
Pros of Online Education
- You are able to do schoolwork anytime and anywhere, which gives obtaining a higher education a sense of convenience and flexibility.
- Online education allows you to feel comfortable since you are doing it in your own home.
- There are no classroom distractions, so you can focus more.
- You save money by not driving to college and using gas.
- You gain essential computer skills as you learn to navigate and do research on the Internet. You may also use different programs such as Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, which are likely good skills to have for your career.
Cons of Online Education
- You can't talk to the teacher and get an answer right away. You have to wait for an e-mail.
- You do not have a chance to make friends in the same way you would going to class every week.
- You can easily procrastinate and lack motivation to do schoolwork.
- Depending on the best way for you to learn new materials, it may be harder than being in a classroom because you have to teach yourself and make yourself take notes and read lectures.
An online education requires self-discipline and the ability to learn by yourself. You will have to set aside time every week to do your schoolwork and make sure to stay motivated. Before deciding if you want to pursue online education, make sure to do your research to find the right online program. Proper research will help you get all your questions answered and make the right decision.